Rehearsals for our Fall production, Michael Ross Albert’s Pillars of Salt, are well underway. Mark your calendars for Thursday December 8 and Saturday December 10 at 7:30pm and Sunday December 11 at 2pm. If you want to help out, we need backstage help, as well as help with box office, ushering and refreshment sales.
We are actively soliciting proposals for our Spring 2012 production as well as looking for directors and assistant directors. While it’s wonderful to get a pitch from a potential director, please feel free to suggest a play even if you are not interested in directing. Conversely, please let us know if you are interested in being a director or assistant director, even if you don’t have a play in mind. Please send an email to us at HBTStagecraft@gmail.com.
Requirements for the play:
Jewish themes or content
- preference to single set or minimum set-change requirements
- preference for a play appropriate to our membership (more women than men, and over 40 years old)
- ability to obtain performance rights for May 2012
Please submit the following by November 20.
- copy of the script (more than one copy is ideal)
- the requirements for the set, including set changes
- any special requirements for costumes, lighting, sound, etc.
- a statement of why you think this play is good
Sources of plays are Dramatists Play Service catalogue, Samuel French Canada catalogue, and Toronto Reference Library. You will be reimbursed for your expenses in purchasing one copy of the script.
from the Stagecraft Executive